1) If you wish, disclose your name and age or birthday. For those twelve and under, please tell us only your first name. Hello, my name is Jawa. I'm 17 and I'll be turning 18 on May 18 of this year! I'm very excited.
2) If you have access to a digital camera, please show pictures of yourself, especially if you are being nerdy or just plain crazy. If you don't have a digital camera or are uncomfortable posting pictures of yourself, that's okay; you may think of some other means of show-and-tell like posting Hubble pictures, etc. If you can't think of anything like that, then the moderator will ask you a question or give you a task on a person by person basis. Ok Eddie, you asked for it!!!
Me in my glasses. I need them cuz I'm near sited. So I can't see things far away. But in the next couple of pictures I use them to read, which isn't a good thing, but I thought it was funny!
Me reading my AP english book, ways of reading.
Now I'm laughing at myself cuz it's always good to laugh at yourself.
That's my physics book, I really don't like that book cuz it's so heavy!
I'm just being silly, it's what I do!
That's Sajid! He's the sweetest little boy! He's adorbale, and he has such a good countanance! He's usually very happy. He likes to sit in my lap and type on the computer!!
I got him to look at the camera, so I was excited!!
So you see! That's me pretending to be nerdy!
Also, I can't take a picture of this, but I love Arabic music, and the Arabic language. I grew up with it and I've just always loved to speak Arabic. I'm not as good at reading it as I used to be, but we are going to visit this summer, so hopefully I will get better at it.
3) Nerdity means different things to different people. Some people thinks nerds and geeks are the same thing; some people think nerds are more academic; others think true nerds must spend at least twelve hours on the computer a day. At even another level, people sometimes have different opinions; whereas some believe nerdiness is about intelligence, others think it's a passion! What does nerdity mean to you?
I've just always seen it as being into your studies. Wanting to do well in school and going after that and doing well. Doing homework and not slacking off by taking it off someone else. If your a nerd you would be the one that everyone comes to when they need help with homework or on a test because they know you did the homework or studied for that test. So I'm not the kind of stereotypical nerd that goes around with my head constantly in a book and not having friends, that's not true at all. I just want to do well in school, so I try my hardest and everyone knows it.
4) How do you classify yourself or do you classify yourself at all? Do you consider yourself to be a bona fide, a wannabe, a poseur, just a nerd at heart, or perhaps something completely different? Some people read dictionary, others believe they're aliens in a Star Trek universe, and yet others just think Bill Nye the science guy is really cool!
I think I was born a nerd. In a world where teenagers don't know what pleasure reading is, I do so much of it! I do more pleasure reading than most teens put together. I just love to read, and I always have. That's why I think I was born a nerd. I must have the gene!
AND Bill Nye the science guy IS really cool!!
5) Tells us about yourself. You can speak freely, but preferably, tell us what makes you nerdy. Consider these potential prompts: What is the nerdiest thing you've ever done? Are you a nerd by nature or by desire? Have you been faced with social or intellectual challenges related to your nerdiness?
Well I've said a lot about myself. I read very often. I'm very into politics and current issues facing our world today. I like to be informed and make informed decisions. I know the basics about a lot of stuff so that if I'm ever put into a situation that I need to know and talk a little bit about something then I will know some of it!
I love to collect small useless tidbits of information. Things like you can lead a cow upstairs, but not downstairs. Or brunettes have more hair on their heads than blondes. I'm very interested in health sciences and hope to become a nurse someday. I really love children and I want to have many some day, so I know a lot about conception, pregnancy, labor, and infancy. So there you go!
6) The maintainer of this community hopes to one day have a humor website for and about nerds. If this occurs, would you be comfortable if pictures and information that you post in this community be used?
Sure, go ahead hun!